- This event has passed.
OSKAR Awards Night 2014
May 23, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The OSKAR awards function took place on Sunday, 10 August 2014 at Meluha, The Fern Hotel. The students were presented with certificates, cash awards and OSKAR statuettes for their extraordinary accomplishments throughout the year. The awards night recognises the research excellence of our students in this unique joint PhD program.
The event was attended by distinguished personalities from IIT Bombay, Monash University and Industry. The Academy OSKAR event sponsors were represented at the event by Mr. Wayne Lewis, Commissioner to Victorian Government Business Office, India and Mr. Chandramouli Balaraman, Director, Cherrypick Technologies. They graced the occasion along with Mr. Mark Pierce, Consul-General of Australian High Commission in Mumbai, India. We also had many student supervisors from IIT Bombay, our professional service providers, students and staff from The Academy.
Prof. Mohan Krishnamoorthy, CEO of the Academy gave a heart-warming welcome speech. We also heard some words of wisdom from Prof. Alan Finkel (Chancellor, Monash University), Prof. Edwina Cornish (Provost, Monash University) and Prof. Devang Khakhar (Director, IIT Bombay).
The awards were presented to the students by Mr. Wayne Lewis and Mr. Chandramouli. The students who were presented with OSKARs for 2014 were:
- Best Three Minute Thesis Talk award for junior researcher (less than two years): Aditya Joshi
- Best Three Minute Thesis Talk award for senior researcher (more than two years): Nelson M
- Best Poster award for junior researcher: Naresh Chandrasekharan
- Best Poster award for senior researcher: Sherly M A
- Best CPI award: Nikhil Sirdesai, Debanjan Guha Roy and Arijit Lodh
- Best Collaboration award: Pratham Arora and Sharadwata Pan
- Best Paper award: Aditya Joshi
- Best Thesis award: Nilesh Raykar
We also had a standup comedy act in three sets from Deepak Gopalakrishnan, who provided some comic relief throughout the evening. This was followed by a lavish dinner and some merriment.
The student symposium, the graduation of IITB-Monash students (as part of the IITB graduation ceremony) and the OSKAR event marks a very important weekend in the Academy calendar: a time to reflect, introspect and celebrate. And the weekend in 2014, like the ones in the years before, provided us with many moments of celebration and reflection.