- This event has passed.
OSKAR Awards Night 2015
June 15, 2017
The Annual awards function ‘Oskar Night 2015’ took place on Sunday, 9 August 2015. The venue was ‘Meluha The Fern’ Hotel in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. The students are bestowed with certificates, cash prizes and Oskar statuettes for their performance in the Three Minute Thesis Talk and Poster presentation as well as other accomplishments throughout the year.
The event was attended by eminent personalities from IIT Bombay, Monash University and Industry. Acting Consul General from the Australian Consulate, Mumbai, Mr. Simon Stringer also graced the occasion. The people who attended the event included some of the IITB and Monash supervisors, staff, students and the service providers.
This was the first Oskar night for the new CEO Prof. Murali Sastry. He gave a welcome speech and invited Prof. Devang Khakhar and Prof. Edwina Cornish to say a few words. After the speeches, the awards were presented to the students by the dignitaries. This year, there were two new award categories, one was the People’s choice award for 3MTT and another was Best Conference paper.
The winners are:
- Best 3MTT award for the student in the category of less than two years- Preeti Gopal and Rakhi Singh
- People’s Choice award in the above category- Ponsubbiah Nadar and Gaurav Vats
- Best 3MTT award for student in the category of greater than two years- Aditya Joshi
- People’s Choice award in the above category- Aditya Joshi
- Best Poster award for the student in the category of less than two years ( Honorable mention)- Rakhi Singh
- Best Poster award for the student in the category of greater than two years- Sushrut Bhanushali
- Highest CPI award- Ramakrishna Singh
- Best Collaboration award- Vivek Francis and Vignesh Kuduva
- Best Paper award (Conference)- Aditya Joshi
- Best Paper award (Journal)- Sushrut Bhanushali
- Best Thesis award- Sharadwata Pan
There were some cultural events by the staff as well as the students. The formal awards function ended with an announcement for the graduates to come on stage and click a photograph with the IITB and Monash dignitaries. This was followed by a sumptuous banquet.