Leading knowledge-based nations see nanotechnology as a core driver for future economic growth and sustainable competitive advantage, and are investing heavily in basic and product-driven nanotechnology R&D.
- Polymer nanocomposites
- Nanostructured materials for corrosion protection
- Nanostructured alloys for magnetic applications and
- Design, characterisation and modelling of light metal alloys
- Mesoporous and micorporous materials
- Nanoelectro mechanical systems
Only 1-2% of conventional eye drops reach the deeper tissue of the eye. Researchers at IIT Bombay have developed a formulation of biodegradable protein nanoparticles for a non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug. Used to treat inflammatory and vasculopathic disorders of the posterior chamber of the eye, the nanoparticles allow a sustained release of the drug over a prolonged period.