3 Minute Thesis Talk and Poster Presentation
Every year leading up to the IITB Convocation where our graduates receive their dually-badged degrees (second Saturday of August), the IITB-Monash Research Academy conducts the Three-Minute Thesis Talk (3MTT) and Poster Competition. This year, we will conduct the event on Thursday, 8 August 2019.
The 3MTT is an event at which students present their research work in a three-minute talk. They also present their work through posters that are put up at the same venue. A panel judges the talks and the posters to identify the best talk and best poster. The best presenters are given awards at the Oskar Night (our annual awards ceremony) that will be held on Sunday, 11 August 2019.
This year, Reliance Industries Ltd is our sponsor for this fascinating, thought-provoking event.
Date: 8 August 2019, Thursday
Time: 9.00 am to 2.00 pm
Venue: Lecture Hall 21, Second Floor,
Victor Menezes Convention Centre (VMCC), IIT Bombay, Powai
Oskar Night- Annual Awards Ceremony
Oskar Night 2019, the IITB-Monash Research Academy awards ceremony will be held on 11 August, Sunday in Mumbai. It is an annual event of the Academy, to recognise and showcase the accomplishments of research scholars, staff and supervisors of the Academy throughout the year, and in the 3 Minute Thesis Talk (3MTT) and poster presentation.
During the ceremony, awards for academic achievements are presented to students in the following categories:
- Best Three Minute Thesis Talk award for junior researchers (less than two years in the Academy), sponsored by Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Best Three Minute Thesis Talk award for senior researchers (more than two years in the Academy), sponsored by Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Best Poster award for junior researchers, sponsored by Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Best Poster award for senior researchers, sponsored by Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Best CPI (Cumulative Performance Index) award, sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Best Collaboration award, sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Best Journal paper award, sponsored by Tata Chemicals
- Best Conference paper award, sponsored by Tata Chemicals
- Best Thesis award, sponsored by String Bio
- Employee of the year award
The night is graced by distinguished personalities from both India and Australia consisting of academic, industry and government professionals. The awards, consisting of statuettes and certificates, are presented by the distinguished luminaries. The evening comprises of reflections and speeches by the dignitaries, a cultural program followed by a banquet. The venue for the event is Hotel Meluha The Fern in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai
Date: 11 August 2019
Time: 6.45 pm
Venue: Paragon Hall, Meluha The Fern, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai